Lonely Planet's Best in Travel 2019
This annual bestseller ranks the hottest, must-visit countries, regions, cities and best-value destinations for 2019. Drawing on the knowledge and passion of Lonely Planet’s staff, authors and online community, we present a year’s worth of inspiration to take you out of the ordinary and into the unforgettable.
As self-confessed travel geeks, our staff collectively rack up hundreds of thousands of miles each year, exploring almost every destination on the planet. And every year, we ask ourselves: where are the best places in the world to visit right now? It’s a very hotly contested topic at Lonely Planet and generates more discussion than any other. Best in Travel is our definitive answer.
Inside Best in Travel 2019, you’ll discover the:
- Top ten countries, regions, cities and best-value destinations
- Best new attractions for families
- Best new openings and experiences
- Best new places to stay
- Top travel trends
Lonely Planet: The Cities Book
Lonely Planet's bestselling The Cities Book is back. Fully revised and updated, it's a celebration of 200 of the world's most exciting urban destinations, beautifully photographed and packed with trip advice and recommendations from our experts - making it the perfect companion for any traveller deciding where to visit next.
- Highlights and itineraries help travellers plan their perfect trip
- Urban tales reveal unexpected bites of history and local culture
- Discover each city's strengths, best experiences and most famous exports
- Includes the top ten cities for beaches, nightlife, food and more
- Lonely Planet co-founder Tony Wheeler shares his all-time favourite cities
- Fully revised and updated with the best cities to visit right now