Lodestars Anthology Travel Magazine - France
Within these pages, you will find all things archetypically French, from snow-covered chalets, mighty châteaux and fromage, to every variety of grape-based tipples a connoisseur could desire. But you’ll also encounter the unexpected - food-inspired jaunts through the Pyrénées-Orientales, journeys across the Alps in the footsteps of literary giants and a coastal road trip that pays homage to the elegance of yesteryear.
This is a country of jasmine harvests, market splendour, Parisian decadence, fairytale islands and adventure; a place to chase light and history and appreciate the marvels of terroir and creative daring. Full of the singular, serendipitous and spectacular, France, je t’aime.
Lonely Planet: The Cities Book
Lonely Planet's bestselling The Cities Book is back. Fully revised and updated, it's a celebration of 200 of the world's most exciting urban destinations, beautifully photographed and packed with trip advice and recommendations from our experts - making it the perfect companion for any traveller deciding where to visit next.
- Highlights and itineraries help travellers plan their perfect trip
- Urban tales reveal unexpected bites of history and local culture
- Discover each city's strengths, best experiences and most famous exports
- Includes the top ten cities for beaches, nightlife, food and more
- Lonely Planet co-founder Tony Wheeler shares his all-time favourite cities
- Fully revised and updated with the best cities to visit right now
Lonely Planet'S The Honeymoon Handbook
Lonely Planet’s first dedicated honeymoon guide is packed with advice for travel-lovers who want their honeymoon their way: no all-inclusive in sight here. Set your heart racing with real adventures, tailored to what you two love the most – whether that's wildlife-spotting on the African savannah, cruising around Havana in one of Cuba’s legendary vintage American cars or diving with turtles in Bali.
Planning tips will help you cover off the basics and bypass the stress, with advice on:
- When to go, how long to go for, and how to factor in seasons and climates
- How to build a multi-stop honeymoon
- How to pick hotels
- Working out a realistic budget, and sticking to it
- How to compromise with your other half
- The benefit of mini-moons, and how to plan the best one possible
- Getting married abroad, including logistics and legalities
- A host of top-rated destinations, listed by type of trip
- The best destinations for same sex couples